How to be made a lemon cake in a family with five kids? Adventurously…
One day I decided to go shopping with LittleOne. It was a great experience but I shouldn’t have done it…
Arriving at home I was surprised at finding such things in my shopping bag I didn’t want to shop at all at the market. For example there were four pounds of fresh lemons instead of of one pound. How it happened? LittleOne probably threw them in my bag and I didn’t noticed it. I only hope I paid everything.
So I had four pounds of fresh lemons. It was much more I needed to make homemade lemonade for the family. No problem… I make a no-bake lemon cake! It’s easy and get ready in 20 minutes. Here’s the recipe!
No bake lemon cake
- 500 g sponge fingers
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups sour cream
- 18 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanillin sugar
- 2 lemons (peel and juice)
- 1 tablespoons Dr. Oetker Whip It (stabilizer for whipping cream)
- 1,5-2 tablespoons Dr. Oetker Instant Gelatin Fix
- Mix the sour cream, sugar and vanillin sugar.
- Pour the cold whipping cream together wiht the Dr. Oetker Whip It and Istant Gelatin Fix in the food processor.
- Let it whiz for a minute or two, until it's the right consistency.
- Grate the lemons peel.
- Cut the zested lemons in half and squeeze the juice.
- Add the lemon peel and the juice to the sour cream and mix together until smooth and well combined.
- Line a 26cm round spring-clip cake tin with baking parchment.
- Put some sponge fingers in the middle and vertically line the sponge fingers around tin.
- Pour a third of the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Put on the top of the cream some sponge fingers.
- Repeat the las two steps once more.
- On the third sponge finger' layer pour the remain of the mixture and spread with a spatula.
- Place in the fridge at least for 4 hours, but it's better to leave it in the fridge for a night.
- Once ready to serve remove from the tin and cut and serve.