What are the most amazing baking ideas that you will enjoy doing with your kids?
Photo by cottonbro from Pexels
Do you love spending time in the kitchen baking delicious treats with your kids? If so, you’re going to love our latest blog post! We have collected some of our favorite recipes that are perfect for baking with children. These recipes are easy to follow and fun for the whole family! So what are you waiting for? Get baking!
Baking with kids
Baking may be a lot of fun when you do it with your kids. You get to spend time together in the kitchen and make some amazing treats that everyone will enjoy. Kids love playing around with food and what better way to do that safely and without making too big of a mess than having them help you out with baking some delicious treats. Here are a few tips to make your baking experience even better:
Make sure you have all the ingredients you need before you start. This will save you a lot of time in the kitchen.
Follow the recipe closely. Do not try to change it up too much. This can lead to disaster in the kitchen.
Make sure all of your utensils and appliances are clean before you start baking. This will help avoid any accidents in the kitchen.
Have fun! Baking is a fun activity and should be enjoyed by everyone involved.
Now that you have some tips, let’s take a look at some recipes you can make with your kids:
– Applesauce: Kids will love helping you make applesauce. If anyone is allergic or you don’t have applesauce on hand you can instead use, substitutes for applesauce, such as almond butter, mashed bananas, or vegan yogurt. The kids can help you peel and chop the apples, cook them down into a sauce, and then put them in jars to cool. You can also use this applesauce in recipes or eat it by itself.
– Cupcakes: These are probably the easiest thing to bake with kids. All they have to do is put the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together. Then they can put the batter in a cupcake tin and bake them. You can also let them decorate the cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles. Here is an easy recipe to follow:
Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on your cupcake mix box. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine the cupcake mix, eggs, oil or butter, water, and vanilla extract (optional). Stir until well combined. Using a spoon, evenly distribute the batter among the muffin cups that have been prepared. Add food coloring, if desired. Bake for the time specified on your cupcake mix box. Let cool before frosting.
– Cookies: Kids will love helping you make cookies. They can help measure out the ingredients, mix them together, and form the cookies into balls. You can bake them in the oven or use a cookie doughnut maker to make them even more fun.
– Tarts: Tart recipes are usually pretty easy and kids will love helping you put the ingredients in the food processor and mix them together. They can also help you roll out the dough and place it in the tart tin. You can let them top the tarts with whatever they like.
– Doughnuts: Kids will have a lot of fun making doughnuts. You can let them help you measure out the ingredients and mix them together. They can also help you roll out the dough and cut out the doughnut shapes. They can be fried in oil or baked in the oven. Recipe for easy doughnuts:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit 325 degrees if using a dark or nonstick pan. Grease the bottom only of one doughnut pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make doughnut mix according to package directions. Add water and eggs; beat well. Pour batter into pan, filling each doughnut cup two-thirds full. Bake at 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan) for 12 minutes or until done. Cool in pans on wire racks for five minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
– Biscuits: Biscuits are another easy recipe to make with kids. They can help you measure out the ingredients, mix them together, and roll out the dough. You can let them cut out the biscuit shapes or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes.
– Cake: Kids will love helping you make a cake. They can help you measure out the ingredients, mix them together, and pour the batter into a cake tin. You can also let them decorate the cake with frosting and sprinkles.
– Mini Quiches: Kids will have a lot of fun making mini quiches. They can help you measure out the ingredients, mix them together, and fill the quiche tins. You can also let them decorate the quiches with whatever they like.
– Waffles: Kids will love making waffles with you. They can help you measure out the ingredients, mix them together, and cook the waffles in a waffle maker. You can top the waffles with syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.
Follow the manufacturer’s directions for preheating your waffle iron. In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg (if using). Stir until well combined. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
– Lightly grease your waffle iron with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Pour ⅓ to ½ cup of batter (depending on the size of your waffle iron) into the center of the iron. Close the lid and cook for about five minutes, or until the waffle is golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Baking with your children is not only a great way to spend time together, but it’s also a lot of fun! There are so many recipes that you can do together, and no matter what age your child is they will be able to help out. Just be sure to always supervise them when using the oven or stove, other than that get to baking and have fun!