6 incredible easy meals teens can make themselves.
Whether it’s hunger pangs at 3 am or stuck in traffic on the way home, teens will have to cook a meal for themselves on various occasions. They could take 2 slices of bread with peanut butter, but it won’t keep their bellies full for long and isn’t that tasty. Instead of ordering food, they can prepare these fuss-free and delicious recipes in no time.
Here are 6 incredibly easy meals teens can make themselves.
It’s a Mexican dish and is quite easy to cook.
- 1 pound chicken (diced)
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 green peppers (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 flour tortillas
- Mexican blend cheese (18 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, take a large saucepan, add 1 tbsp of oil and heat it over medium flame.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix the chicken with the fajita seasoning, then cook the chicken pieces until they leave a pink colour. It may take around 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and pepper, and stir them together. Cook them for about 10 minutes until the raw vegetables are cooked.
- Take a tortilla and place the mixture and fill it till half. Sprinkle some Mexican cheese and then fold it in half and place it in the oven to bake.
It’s a Mexican dish too, and it is healthy and super easy to cook.
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- Take a mixing bowl and mix lime juice with sour cream. Add cabbage to the mixture.
- Take a large skillet and add 2 tbsp of olive oil and heat it over medium flame.
- Add the fish strip and cook it until it turns brown.
- Place the fish along with the cabbage on tortillas.
This recipe is delicious and pretty easy to make.
- 4 red or green bell peppers
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 1 lb ground beef
- A 128-ounce jar full of pasta sauce
- 18 ounce packaged mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the peppers in a large pot full of water. Steam it for about 5 minutes. Place it in a baking dish and keep it upright.
- Take a large skillet and add ground beef to it and cook it over a medium flame. Cook it until it’s no longer pink in colour.
- Drain it and add pasta sauce and cooked rice.
- Spoon the mixture and add to the bell peppers. Garnish them with cheese.
- Place them in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
Ham and pineapple mini pizza
It’s super healthy as pizza is rich in fiber and ham and pineapple add the health factor.
- 4 whole wheat pittas
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 18 ounces package mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ham (cooked and diced)
- 1 cup pineapple (diced)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Take each pit and top it up with ¼ cup of pizza sauce, sprinkle some cheese, pineapple and ham.
- Place it in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
The veggies added to the meatballs make this recipe extremely healthy and delicious.
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium carrot (finely shredded)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1 und ground beef
- Salt and pepper (As per taste)
- 4 whole wheat subs
- 1½ cup marinara sauce
- 6 slices of Provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a mixing bowl and add carrots, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, egg, bread crumbs, ketchup, ground beef, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all of them well.
- Take 2 tbsp of mixture and form it into meatballs.
- Place it in the oven and bake it for about 20 minutes until it’s cooked.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees. On each sub, place at least 3 meatballs and top them off with marinara sauce. Make sure you add enough sauce to it. Place a slice of Provolone cheese and cook it for about 10 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt.
Kimchi fried rice
It’s a Korean-inspired dish, where kimchi has a spicy tang that adds flavor to the rice.
- 1 tbsp Safflower oil
- 3 scallions (chopped and separate the green and white parts)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1½ cup kimchi (chopped), and don’t throw away the juice, store it for servings
- 2 tbsp gochujang (It’s a Korean pepper paste)
- 4 cups cooked short-grain rice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium)
- 4 eggs (large)
- Coarse salt
- nori seaweed (thinly sliced, optional)
- Heat a wok until it turns hot. Add 1 tbsp of safflower oil, garlic, and scallion whites to it. Cook it for about 30 seconds.
- Stir the gojuchang and kimchi together for about 1 minute.
- Add 1 tsp of sesame oil, rice, and soya sauce. Season it with salt. Remove it from the flame and sprinkle 2 tsp kimchi liquid, add more if desired, and then stir in scallion greens.
- Take a large non-stick skillet and heat it over medium flame. Add the remaining sesame oil (2 tsp).
- Crack the eggs and add them to a skillet and season them with salt.
- Cook until they turn brown along the edges. Make sure the yolks are still runny. Cook it for about 4 minutes.
- The fried rice is ready to serve. Take 4 bowls and divide the fried rice amongst them. Place one egg in each fried rice bowl. Serve it hot with nori!
Grab these ingredients and start cooking whenever you’re hungry. These are super easy to prepare and delectable. Your stomach is going to thank you later!
What is your go-to meal? Which meal did you like the most from our list and why? Tell us in the comments section below!
Shristi is a content writer and owner of F and B Recipes. She enjoys creating a list of “Things That Make Happy” or coming up with creative Food Blog Names. Formerly the Chief Content Officer at Raletta, she is currently working on her second cookbook.