How to give your house a complete makeover?
Have you ever wondered why you should renovate your home? Well, in case you have not even thought of it, here are the reasons why a home makeover is necessary:
- To enhance the value of your property
- For comfortability and enjoyment
- Maintain home safety
- To improve the functionality of your house
- Update the style of your home
You ought to perform a complete house makeover at least once every year. When it comes to transforming your home, there are four sections of your house that you should give the most attention to including bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, and the kitchen. Here are four tips on how to give these spaces a complete makeover:
It is said that people spend about a third of their life in the bedroom which makes it a top priority when it comes to restyling. Some of the makeover tips for this room include:
- Get new curtains: Old blinds and curtains tend to make a room look gloomy. Thus, treat your windows to a makeover with new drapes to make the room feel brighter and bigger.
- Add some color: It is said that the colors that you paint your bedroom impact your sleep. Some of the colors that you could use include blue, yellow, green, silver, or orange.
- Updating the bedding: When was the last time you bought new sheets for your bed? If you do not recall, you need to get yourself some cotton or silk beddings based on your preference.
- Revamp the lighting: Replace those dated light fixtures with modern lights to create a warm mood for your bedroom. Where you can source natural light, make use of it to light up your bedroom.
- Get new pillows/mattress: These two items determine whether you wake up with a sore neck or back. If you feel they are too dated, you could invest in good orthopedic pillows and a mattress.
A good bathroom adds tremendous value to your home. Among the major makeovers that you could do to this living space is finding the right general contractors for shower replacement. Showers tend to use less water which makes them both environmentally and energy-efficient. They are also easy to maintain and access. Apart from replacing this fixture, you can also incorporate the latest bathroom trends such as brass finishing, invest in a deep soaking tub, use a marbleized wallpaper, and incorporate framed mirrors. While at it, don’t forget to revamp your shower curtain, towels, and bathroom mats.
Your living room is one of the places where you spend the most time in your home. Therefore, whatever changes you have to make have to be top-notch. Among the latest trends that you use to revolutionize this space include:
- Bring in velvet into your living room
- Create a play nook for children by pulling the sofa away from the wall.
- Blend your modern pieces with vintage ones.
- Tuck a contemporary desk behind your sofa to transform that space into a workstation.
- Revamp your storage space with some color and put a few décor pieces on top.
Apart from the bathroom, the kitchen is another room that sells a house. To spruce up your kitchen, you need to revamp your cabinets. If your cabinets are in bad shape, take them out and add new ones. However, if they are not badly off, you can add a touch of color to make them look better. Some of the trendy colors for kitchen cabinets at the moment are neutral shades of greige (which is a blend of grey and beige), dark or light grey. During a kitchen makeover, you can also take out the chipped tiles and on the kitchen counter and replace them with granite. Depending on your budget, you can also give the floors a complete overhaul so that they blend well with the rest of the kitchen makeover. Additionally, you incorporate in-built appliances (stove, refrigerator, oven, and microwave) to your kitchen to give it a stylish look.
When you use these tips to perform a makeover in your bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living room, you are converting your space into “real estate heaven.” When you are working with a limited budget, you do not have to make all these changes at once. You can simply repurpose what you have!