What are the benefits of square pots for gardening?
Gardening is a sentiment for people who are in love with nature and trees. For many, gardening is a feel-good factor that helps them de-stress. They retire into this feel-good area whenever they get free time away from the hustle and bustle of the busy life. Those who are into gardening are crazy about gardening accessories from pots to gardening tools. Which pots are best suited for which plant and which soil is best suited for which plant is well researched by garden lovers?
Planting pots are available in various sizes and shapes. Planting pots can be made with wood, clay, or plastic, although wood and clay are environment-friendly options, plastic is cost-effective. They can be square pots or round pots, but gardeners love to use square pots for a variety of reasons. Some benefits of square pots are listed below:
- The square pots are more in vogue nowadays because they are easy to fit in any space or corner. They are extensively used to decorate hotels and restaurants because they are space-saving and trendier.
- The look of square planters is more appealing and when you plant a cluster of the same plant together, square pots give them a beautiful outlook.
- The round pots can hold less soil compared to square pots because they have the benefit of extended edges.
Best types of material for making square pot
- Pressed paper is ideal for making square pots because giving a round shape to pressed paper is difficult. Pressed paper pots keep the roots cool and help in plant growth. They are biodegradable and therefore do not harm the environment. These pots are especially beneficial to grow vegetables because they need to be replaced every year.
- Coir pots are cost-effective and environment friendly. They make them from coconut husk and are very cost-effective. They are available in various colors and are perfect for giving the square shape.
- They make Terracotta square pots from special clay and are very versatile. They are environment friendly and offer a natural habitat for the growth of plants. They are affordable and the reddish color is appealing. The drawbacks of terracotta are they are easily breakable and permeable.
- Ceramic square pots are glazed earthen pots and exquisite to look at. They heat the square pots are in a fire kiln, which makes them less porous and less vulnerable to harsh weather. The drawback of ceramic square pots is that they can crack in cold temperatures. Ceramic pots are comparatively heavy and expensive and less extensively used.
- Wooden square pots are environment-friendly, keep the roots cool, and help in plant growth. The only drawback of wooden pots is they can crack in extreme cold climatic conditions.
- Fibreglass and resin square pots are made by combining fibreglass and resin. Sometimes clay is added to this combination to make the texture better. The advantages of fibreglass and resin square pots are they are lightweight and can endure very harsh climatic conditions.
- Plastic square pots are the cheapest in the market, but they are not environment friendly.
- Concrete square pots are great to look at, but they are heavy and cannot be moved from one place to another. The benefits of concrete pots are that they protect the plants during temperature changes, and they are difficult to steal.
- Metal square pots are long-lasting. Metal like aluminum is lightweight and cost-effective.
The above article is a detailed study on square pots and which materials are most suitable for making them. You can go through the article to gather information about pots.