Everything you need to know about child support lawyer.
God forbid, if you are going through an ugly battle of child custody and you are distressed and finding no way out, then you must hire a child support lawyer, for example, the Tampa child custody lawyer as he will ensure the safety and security of your child’s or children’s interest and yours too. So, read on to know more about child support lawyers.
How can a child support lawyer actually help?
A child support lawyer can help you in various ways other than the assessment of the case. Some of these are mentioned below:
- The lawyer can help you to arrange and file the documents,
- Her/she can help you to establish the child’s paternity and can help you to clarify the terms of a child support order.
- The lawyer can also help you to seek or modify the child support order.
- The lawyer can help you to collect and calculate the amount of child support payments, in addition, the person, also can help in determining the payment method or mode.
- He/she can represent the parent in court in the best possible way, and in fact, help you to safeguard the rights of the child. The lawyer can also settle and negotiate on your behalf.
Any requirements when meeting a child support lawyer for the first time?
Some of the few things that you should bring when you meet your lawyer for the first time are as follows:
- Birth certificate of your child
- If there is an existing custody order or parenting plans, bring it on
- Child safety and welfare-related information is a must
- Information about your partner like his current relationship status, financial ability, and willingness over child custody.
- Evidence of domestic abuse against another parent, if any
It is wise to bring your child along to the first meeting with a child support lawyer?
You will be exposing a lot of information about yourself and your ex-husband or wife with the lawyer that you might not want your child to get exposed to hence for the betterment of the child. So, it is not good to bring him or her in and it is good to keep him away from such situations. So, you should always discuss with your lawyer, if you are bringing your child along as they might not want the same.
Fees and charges of child support lawyer and other expenses related to the custody case
Your lawyer may charge you on an hourly basis or flat rate but at times it can be a costly affair. The total cost may land from 3,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars depending on the complexity of the case and your region. So, better settle it before hiring a lawyer.
Some factors that may determine the cost of your lawyer are:
- The complexity of the case is more if either the parties or either one party is fighting for sole custody. In such cases, the charges of the lawyer will be more as it will consume court time and hire child psychologists and other professionals.
- You will thus have to face interviews with different specialists for custody evaluation and also it will add to the cost.
- Both parents will have to pay the legal fee which is also known as attorney fees.
- The lawyers’ fee structure matters a lot.
- Your location will also determine the price, so if you live in a posh urban locality the charges will be more and so if you live countryside or in a cheaper location charges will be less.
Thus, these factors have to be kept in mind while if you need a child support lawyer or not and how he can be helpful to you. It is always better to take the help of a specialized lawyer when you are facing the stress of your child custody to ensure that you can get your child back.