How to create easily a YouTube channel?
In yesteryears, mothers will always learn everything about motherhood by reading a book or seeking advice from elderly relatives. But when YouTube was launched, new resources have opened up for their convenience.
Thirteen years later, mothers still tune in on YouTube. But the reason isn’t just about seeking for advice, but to share their experience as well with other mothers.
Don’t have a YouTube channel yet? Here’s a guide to creating a YouTube channel.
Mom’s guide to create a YouTube channel
The acccount set-up
Starting a YouTube channel is easy. All you need is a Gmail account to sign in on YouTube. Upon signing in, you can go straight to your ‘My Channel’ and click the ‘customize channel’. Here you can change everything like:
- The channel art
- The profile photo
- The channel settings (e.g. Privacy, customization of the layout, discussion tab)
It’s highly recommended to personalize well your account. This is for everyone to assure that you are a real person.
The video content
Video Content is the most important element of the YouTube channel. Without a share-worthy content, no one will visit your channel.
In creating the content, you first must determine the main topic of your YouTube channel. The most popular trends of content for mom’s channel are the following:
- Tutorials – Videos that give a step-by-step instruction on how to create DIY projects.
- Product research and reviews – Videos that contains using a certain product, and test if it’s effective or not. Products that are being tested are usually for babies or house cleaning solutions.
- New ideas – This is the most popular topic on YouTube as this boosts unique and creative ways on how to throw a kid’s party or decorating your house.
- Advices – This type of content helps parents on how to deal with awkward questions of their children. The topics of the questions are any of the following:
- Bullying and how to deal with it?
- Curse words
- Is Santa real?
The video creation
In creating a YouTube channel, the video creation is the most challenging of all. The reason, not all are comfortable using a camera. Not to mention, some aren’t that comfortable being in front of the camera.
Confidence is the one solution for you to feel comfortable in front of the camera. It’s ideal to practice in front of the mirror, so, you can see the things you need to improve and avoid. While for the camera handling, it’s recommended to watch or read tutorials on how to use your camera. Again, practice is the key here to succeed.
In starting shooting for your first video, the equipment you need is the following:
- A reliable video camera (read more)
- A tripod to help your camera stand still
- A microphone to ensure your voice is clear
This stage is a great opportunity for you to enhance more the quality of your video. Some of the great additions that will make your video more beautiful and at the same time entertaining are:
- Sound Effect – A video is way much better than reading text content. But just like with text, long content on videos can look boring as well. To liven it up, it’s best to add some sound effect. The best way to incorporate sound effect is after telling a joke, a sad story or an achievement.
- Emoji is an effective way to put emotion on your content.
- Animated Logos – Some may think that this is only important for the business type of YouTube channel. But the truth is a logo is helpful for your audience to easily identify you and your content.
In creating a logo, it’s best to make an animated one rather than flat. This is an additional entertainment for your audience while waiting for your main content.
Upload the video
If you reach this stage, congratulations! But before you hit the ‘upload’ button, make sure that your video is in the right format. The formats that YouTube supported are the following:
- HEVC (h265)
Having a YouTube channel may seem to require tons of work. But don’t worry it will only feel that way at the beginning. But once you get the hang of it, it will just be a piece of cake.