Cleaning is necessary evil that most people don’t like to do. But, obviously, it needs to get done. Here are some useful cleaning hacks for busy moms.
House cleaning has a ton of positive effects that not only help your physical health but your mental health as well. But, it can be a stressful and frustrating process if you decide to tackle the task on your own instead of hiring professional cleaning services. Here are a couple of life hacks that make sure that your next cleaning session goes as smoothly as possible.
Kitchen Cleaning Hacks
Most people use their kitchen every day, so it’s inevitable that such a well-loved place would get a bit messy from time to time. Read along for a couple of tips to stay on top of your kitchen’s cleanliness.
- Instead of using harsh store-bought chemicals to clean your dishwasher, try using baking soda.
- To clean your garbage disposal, take small pieces of lemon and a bit of vinegar and put them in an ice tray. Once frozen, place it in your garbage disposal to get rid of the smell.
- To get your cutting board looking brand new, first, sprinkle salt on it. Then use half of a lemon, squeeze some of its juices onto the cutting board and wipe it clean with the lemon.
- If you need something to deal with a stinky smell, warm orange peels in the oven or on stove. This will release a soothing citrus smell that’ll mask that stinky odor.
- If your floor is starting to lose its lustre with stains and day-to-day fading, a steam mop is a quick way to get them looking right as rain!
Most of us don’t like to do laundry, but it needs to get done. Here are a couple of tricks to make your weekly (or nightly) task go smoothly.
- Are you dealing with dull clothes? Wash them with baking soda to get them looking brighter and newer.
- To remove stains, first, let salt sit on the stain for about a half an hour. Then wash it, and be amazed as the stain is completely wiped away.
- To eliminate mildew from your towels, first run them through a laundry cycle with hot water and a bit of vinegar. After that, add ½ cup of baking soda and run it through another cycle. Then, they should smell and look as clean as they were when you bought them.
Cleaning the bathroom is a long task that’s often neglected, but with these hacks, it doesn’t have to be.
- Instead of harsh store-bought cleaners, use strong (at least three bags’ worth) black tea. Put the tea in a spray bottle and you’ll be amazed at the results.
- Lemon juice is a great natural way to remove soap scum.
- Vinegar is an awesome natural way to clean your toilet. You can put it in a spray bottle to clean the bowel or put it in the top tank.
Living Room Hacks
This room probably has some well-loved parts in it, due to “living” being in the name. But, cleaning this room shouldn’t be neglected, and these tips will ensure that it won’t be.
- To freshen your carpets, sprinkle a bit of baking soda on it and let them sit for an hour. Then, vacuum.
- To make wooden furniture look new again, mix a few drops of apple cider vinegar with olive oil and rub it into the wood.
- If you have a ceiling fan, slip a pillowcase over the blades instead of one of those expensive dust removers.