How to renovate your bathroom within a budget?
Do you want to renovate your bathroom within a set budget? If yes, then there are certain important tips that you need to follow in bathroom renovation. There are several ways to redesign and renovate a bathroom within a budget. The first step you need to take is to decide on the amount that you can spend on the renovation. This will help you to gauge the extent of the changes that you will be able to make. Here are some things you can do to save money on the bathroom remodeling.
Essential Tips to Remember
- Tiles are expensive, particularly when you hire a professional for laying it out. If you have to save money, then you need to limit the number of tiles you go for.
- Thereafter, focus on the high-impact areas such as the floors. As an alternate option, you can install one horizontal strip along the wall and then paint the remaining area.
- If you like a tile that is artistic and expensive then you can use as an accent along the low-cost tile. This way the artistic tiles used in your bathroom renovation will be more noticeable. In fact, you will also be able to save a significant amount of money on this.
- People tend to spend a lot on the granite counter-tops. Since the bathroom counter is quite small, the investment that you make is quite low in comparison to the money that you spend on the kitchen counters.
- The neutral colors such as brown, tan, and light beige for the countertops are popular and thus, are pretty expensive. If you want to save money, then you check out the wide range of colors that is available.
- Another way you will be able to save on the countertops is by purchasing slab that has some imperfections. The more perceptible is the imperfection, the cheaper will be the selling price. When you choose one, keep in mind that the kitchen sink will be occupying a lot of space.
- Hence, if the imperfection is located in areas where the sink and the faucet will be placed then it will not be noticeable.
If you do not want to spend a lot on bathroom renovations, then the most effective way to provide a brand-new look to the bathroom is to repaint it. However, you should keep in mind that it is going to take a lot of time. The bathroom might be the smallest room in the entire house but you will have to spend more time on around the shower, tub, window, mirror, wall corners, and the floor. For this, you need time and patience. Thus, you need to keep these aspects in mind when going for bathroom renovations.
There is one more thing that you have to consider and that is the moisture. Mildew and mould can easily develop in your bathroom and the temperature and humidity change quite often. Thus, you should opt for a good quality paint that can fight off these external factors once you complete the bathroom renovation. You might also paint the ceiling with a special bathroom paint that helps in resisting the growth of mould in the bathroom.
Updating the Fixtures
Check the little details. You can change the sink faucet, towel racks, drawer pulls, and light fixtures. All these items might seem insignificant but if you update them then these will offer a good look to the bathroom.
During bathroom renovations, you can redo the items in the bathroom to avoid spending much money on it.