Your kitchen activity needn’t consist only of boring and routine-like things. With a little beauty, even the production of the hundredth cookie can be easier.
With five children sometimes I almost feel as if kitchen activity was weight on my shoulders, even though I have no problem with cooking. I like the preparation, the process itself, the practical instruments, the smells which slowly fill the kitchen, and of course the finished product in the end as well. Although when I have to bake bread or scone every second day from 1-1,5 kg of flour, and I have to stand next to the oven every day for a couple of hours, so that pupils in the house have something to snack… Well in these cases my earlier enthusiasm tends to leave me and the routine comes in.
On the other hand I know that if I start the the whole process with happiness and passion, one feels it on the outcome as well. How do I get my boost back? For example some kitchen tools help, which look nice, aesthetic, unique, and because of that they can cheer me up even while doing the most boring, most tiring work.
Of course I’m not talking about a wooden spoon, a ladle and not even about a special silicone brush, but about a rolling pin. What makes it so special? For example that it is designed for shaping, and in contrast with the cookie stamps, with this you can decorate the pastry in bigger quantity… moreover, I get to choose the shape of the cookies, so there’s no chance that two of the same shape will be put on the table.
Uniquely shaped cookies
- 4 cups all purposes flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 8/25 cup salty butter
- Mix the sugar with the butter until it’s foamy.
- Add the flour and pug dough from it with a blender or hands.
- Pack it in foil and put it in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours.
- Get the raw dough out of the fridge.
- On a desk full of flour roll it until it’s 2-3 mm thick and stamp in it with a cookie stamp or a rolling pin.
- But baking paper in the baking tray, put the dough in it and put it back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Get the baking trays out of the fridge and put them in the oven to bake.
- Bake them for 20 minutes, until they become light.
Rolling pin selection
One has a choice of various and excellent products on the web, but after a bit of searching everyone can find their perfect fit, among the christmas, animal, flower, traditional, funny or classic types.
By clicking on the description under the pictures you can buy each product.