How to make personalized candle decoration for New Year’s Eve?
It’s much easier than you can imagine.
To be honest, I don’t like New Year’s Eve. For me there’ nothing special in this day, it’s the same as the other days. But my kids… they love it. Every year I organize a party for them – not in our apartment – with their cousin: they have fun and we – me and my husband – have a few hours to be alone.
My mom and my aunt make the food for the party, my task is the decoration. If I have time, I make origami lampions and garlands but this year I hadn’t enough free time to make such beauties. But on a really good party, there’s always some funny, creative decorations… right? So I looked around in the kitchen and I found some tealights and white papers… poor offer. But I solved the problem and I made some personalized tealights with secret felicitations. (Source.)
Tealights with secret felicitations
- white tealights
- white paper
- wood stick to make hole
- take the tealight out of the candlecup
- pull out from the tealight the candle wick together with its bottom
- cut out circles from the paper fitting together with the candle wick’s bottom (or JUST CLICK HERE to download the Mom With Five version)
- make a hole with the stick in the middle of the paper
- pull the circle on the candle wick
- put the tealight on the paper and put it back in the candlecup
When you light the candle, the secret message will appear on the bottom of the candlecup.
I wish to all my readers a very Happy New Year! Meet in 2016!
2 thoughts on “Candle Decoration for New Year’s Eve”
This is such a great idea, Barbara! Actually I don’t like New Year’s Eve very much either, but I absolutely love these candles and how easy this is! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by.
My kids loved this idea too and you can use it for a birthday party as well.
I wish all the best to you to 2016. Happy New Year!