Not autumn could go by without plum pie.
I love autumn. I like its colors, flavors, light rain, falling leaves, long walks in the colorful forest, hot tea and cocoa and of course, I like grapes and plums too. And what does a good mom blogger do with plums? Oh, she just bakes a cake or pie… for her kids and Husband.
I got this recipe from my mother. It’s very simple: you have to just put all ingredients in the food processor, mix them and pour into a cake tin, put the plums on the top of the pie and bake it. It couldn’t be easier! And the result… well, it’s more than good. It’s delicious, light… in short, for me this is the perfect pie.
- 3 cups pitted, halved plums
- 3 eggs
- 1⅕ cups flour
- 1⅕ cups sugar
- 2/5 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/356F.
- Line a rectangular cake tin (33 cm x 25 cm).
- Place all ingredient - except the plums - into the food processor and process until well combined.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared cake tin.
- Place the plums on top of the pie.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the pie is set and slightly golden on the top.
- Grease with soft butter and sprinkle with sugar the top of the cake.
- Set aside to cool.
Do you try it?