How can a lemon dessert in glass be redesigned for a big family?
Being a mom of five kids I like easy, no-bake desserts… for example desserts in glass. They are very popular my only problem with them I haven’t got nice, identical and quite large glasses… then again I have a large glass bowl. So I redesigned my favorite lemon dessert in glass for my big bowl. And here is the result…
Lemon dessert in glass redesigned for big family
Recipe type: Dessert
Redesigned lemon dessert in glass
- 400 g coconut digestive biscuits
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1,5 cups sugar
- 10 eggs
- ½ cup clarified butter
- 7-8 lemons (peel and juice)
- Add the cookies in a food processor and pulse until they turn to crumbs.
- Mix together sugar, eggs and clarified butter until well combined.
- Grate the lemons peel.
- Cut the zested lemons in half and squeeze the juice.
- Add the lemons peel and juice to the buttered mixture.
- While continuously whisking the ingredients, on low to medium heat warm the mixture until the consistency turns creamy and slightly thickens.
- Set aside to cool.
- Pour the cold whipping cream in the food processor.
- Let it whiz for a minute or two, until it's the right consistency.
- Add a third of the cookie crumbs as the first layer in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add a third of the lemon curd as the second layer.
- Add a half of the whipped cream as the third layer.
- Repeat the last three steps until you have cookie crumbs/lemon curd and whipped cream.
- Serve chilled.
10 thoughts on “Lemon dessert in glass redesigned for big family”
Yum! We love lemon desserts. This kind of reminds me of a banana pudding, which is a family favorite..Will have to try it soon! Thanks for sharing 🙂
So do we! Thanks for your comment. Have a nice day.
I am sitting at my desk at work looking at this and I feel I can smell this delicious dessert through my computer! thanks for sharing, I might try this recipe this weekend!
Thank you for your kind words. I hope you like it!
This looks so yummy! I wish someone would make me some!!
Come to us I make it for you! Thanks for commenting.
Yum!! This looks fabulous!
Thanks for your comment. And yes, it is! 🙂
Looks so delicious! I like that you added coconut biscuits.
Thanks for your comment. Yes, with coconut biscuits it’s more delicious. Lemon+coconut – it’s amazing.
Have a nice day.