In my opinion corn on the cob is the main reason the summer exists.
I’m not a big summer fun, I don’t like heat, hot summer nights, crowded beaches… the only thing I really like and enjoy in summer is corn on the cob. I’ve been looking for an easy and good recipe for many years and finally I got it from one of my French friends.
Many years ago I spent a whole month in a tiny French village in Provence.
One day we were sitting with my friends under a big cedar and ate corn on the cob. It was so good: butter-soft, delicious, tasty…
– Tell me how you made it – I asked my friend.
– Its secret is the lemon and the sugar – she replied.
There are many ways to make tasty, soft corn on the cob but since then for me this is one of the perfect recipes to make delicious corn on the cob!
Corn on the cob - summer's favorite recipe
Recipe type: Corn on the cob
Its secret is the lemon and the sugar...
- 3 ears of corn (husks and silk removed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- boiling water
- Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- When it's boiling, stir in sugar and lemon juice.
- Bring to a full boil again.
- Place ears of corn into the water.
- Cover the pot and turn off the heat.
- Let the corn cook in the water for about 10 minutes.
- Serve it as hot as it is.
- Season with salt if you like.
12 thoughts on “Corn on the cob – summer’s favorite recipe”
Nahat, eszembe se jutott, hogy a fott kukoricanak ennyi receptje van. 😉
Pedig… és mindenkinek van sajátja. 🙂
Oh cool,I’ve never thought about using lemon juice. I really don’t like sugar with my corn but this sounds like a nice recipe. Corn on the cob is the best! Thanks so much for sharing!
Looks great, a must try recipe 🙂
Thanks for commenting. 🙂
Great easy recipe! We add some butter, too.
🙂 Thanks for your comment. It sounds great… with butter.
Being from Ohio, you would think I would know all there is to know about corn, but I had no idea about the lemon juice. I’ll have to try it out!
Welcome on my blog! 🙂 I hope you’ll like it. Have a nice day.
I was about to cook corn on the cob this week too. I’ve just bought some at Whole Foods. My family loves it too. I’ve never added sugar and lemon to the water though. Thanks for the idea! I will incorporate it when I cook my corn.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you’ll like the recipe! Have a nice day.