Dream comes true: homemade sorbet in 5 minutes!
On hot summer days everybody wants something light, refreshing and cool. The perfect solution a healthy, icy sorbet from 100% fruit juice.
If you don’t want to run every day to an ice cream shop (with five kids it’s quite expensive), make it at home… it’s very easy. You need just four ingredients, sealable plastic bags and potholders.
Traditionally it made from fruit juice or puree, sugar and water in a sorbet maker. How could it be made at home and made it healtier (without sugar)? I show you the homemade version you don’t need any special equipment or extra ingredients.
- 1 cup 100% fruit juice (let it cool in the fridge before use it)
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 sealable plastic bags (one big and one small)
- Fill the small plastic bag 1 cup 100% fruit juice and seal it.
- Pour 2 cups ice cubes, 1 cup salt and 1 cup cold water in the big plastic bag.
- Place the small sealed bag in the big one and seal it.
- Now shake it properly for 5 minutes.
- If you don't want to freeze your hands, use potholders.
- After 5 minutes your refresing homemade sorbet is ready.
- Serve it in bowl and enjoy it!